At MST, students benefit from a team of counselors, access to admissions officers with vast experience, and a steady flow of information and support to families.
A professional team: Our team of counselors’ expertise is drawn from more than 30 years of collective student counseling experience in admissions offices at highly selective schools and other well-regarded independent schools’ counseling offices. Every year, our counselors travel across the country and globe to visit schools and conferences, network with other school admission officers, learn of new opportunities, and advocate for our students. Our team members have no other counseling responsibilities other than admissions:
their sole counseling role is to each guide an average of 38 students a year through the application process.
We welcome and value parents’ help in school, whether they have a specific talent or skill or can assist with more general activities. Parent involvement can include listening to children read, helping with cooking, gardening and DT, library and computer skills, or accompanying educational visits.
Our Communication with Parents
We communicate with parents in a variety of different ways:
- Texts for short up to date information
- News Letters for general administrative information including educational visits, curriculum workshops, special events and newsletters
- School website – for insight into school life and practical information such as our annual calendar and term dates
- Meet the Teacher evening – at the start of the school year
- Parent consultations – biannually in the autumn and spring terms
- Annual School Report – sent out in the summer term.
Parent Communication with Us
Teachers are happy to receive brief messages in the playground at the beginning of the day. Parents can also email their class teacher directly or leave a message about their child with the school office. If parents would like a longer discussion with the class teacher, they can do so at the end of the day, ideally with a pre-organised